We went to Seaside with Jonathan's parents (GranBren and Granddaddy to Port) a couple weeks ago, and had a great time. The weather couldn't have been more perfect, the seafood was amazing, and it was so nice to relax at the beach and pool. This was Porter's first trip to the beach, of course, and he loved every second of it. We took a kajillion pictures, of course.
Porter's first time in the pool. Complete with his turtle swimming shorts and shirt that I had to SQUEEEZZEE on the tub. Size 3-6 months sounded good for the whole summer to me. Then again, I bought them when he was 1 month old. He'll be lucky if he can wear them through the end of the month.
Walking to dinner one night. One of the greatest things about staying in Seaside was walking down the street to dinner. Everything was so convenient and family-friendly. Porter loved strolling around. And see the brick streets? They lulled him right to sleep every time.
First day on the beach!!! He stuck his little toes in the water and the sand. Loved the sand, not so much the water. Look at that little smirk.
Here he is again. This swimming outfit is so patriotic. And I love it. But like the turtle one, we will be lucky if this thing fits another month. While the shorts may look long, they are tight. And the swim shirt says it will fit 12-18 pounders. Yeah right.
Baby pools have always really grossed me out. Imagine that. But I sacrificed and put my feet and my child into it due to the smiles that came across his face. He could stand up in it. Standing is his favorite thing, so the baby pool was better than the big pool to him. AND there was a couple of kids in there that he was fascinated with. It was hilarious. Then we went and bathed immediately.
How does a 3 month old know how to look at the camera? He is a ham.
Nope, not looking at the camera for this one. This was the night we attempted to take a family picture on the beach. This was also the only night I did not wear a ponytail holder on my wrist.
Wind + Long Hair + No Ponytail Holder = Bad Pictures
We got a few though.
At least the Grans got a good one. Check out the huge smile on Port.
As mentioned previously, bad hair day.
And yet again, windy hair.
Oh my. I don't think he can get any cuter/sweeter! He loved the pool! And he loves his daddy!
Attempt at a self portrait in the pool.
I should post a warning before this photo. Because it is so cute and funny, you may die of happiness. I love this little face! I think he is saying, "Hmm...I just love lying on this chair under the umbrella. Aren't I cute in this hat?"
My little sweetness. I could kiss those cheeks all day long. Sometimes, I do.
Our last night. Wish we were still there!!!
Hope you survived this giant post. We drove from Seaside to the lake to spend Memorial Day weekend with my family. We like to transition slowly out of vacations. Beach, then lake, then home. Less of a shock to the system. Blog post coming soon: Porter's first trip to the lake.
Lots of Love,
Beth

No comments:
Post a Comment