Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our House Transformation

1 year ago last week we moved into our house.  We knew we wanted to move into a fixer upper (again), because Jonathan loves to remodel.  So when we moved into this jewel, it was straight into 1960.  My favorite feature was the diamond-paned windows.  Pretty.  Apparently, there used to be a naked lady statue in the front yard, and the old lady who lived here would drive right up to the front door and park.  Thank you, little old lady, for selling us your treasure.  This house was the PERFECT timing for us, and we finished the remodel with just a couple weeks to spare before Porter was born.  I took some "before" pictures before we moved in, but I didn't get every room, sadly.  I was hesitant to take "after" pictures, because I still have a lot I want to do.  But I figured that everyone still has things they want to do to their house, so I finally broke down and took the after pics a couple of days ago.  There are no outside pictures of the front because we have done absolutely nothing to the front of the house...yet anyways.  A nice update needs to happen to the front porch and landscaping, but one day it will.  So here's a little tour:

Living/Dining Before

Living/Dining After:
(We swapped the living and dining from what the previous owner had)






Den Before:
 Den Before:

Den After:
(The windows are now a door, paneling gone, hound dog wanting inside)






Kitchen Before:


 Kitchen After:
(The outside wall that the sink is on above came down for this to happen)






Office Before:

Office After:







 Porter's Room Before:

 Porter's Room After:








 Guest Bedroom Before:
Guest Bedroom After:




Master Bedroom Before:
During:
After:









Back Patio Before:
Before:

Covered Porch After:
(with the hound dog)



And a few construction pictures for your viewing pleasure (and to remind myself that we should not do this again in the future).  Being pregnant is not the best time to tear off the back of your house and live there at the same time.

The day they started demo:


 The day our den had no roof and our kitchen had no wall:


Standing in the kitchen looking into master closet/bath/bedroom:





And if you've made it this far in the post, you probably deserve a picture of Porter!
(it is impossible to get Hank and Porter to both look)


Lots of Love,
Beth






No comments:

Post a Comment