Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer with My Boy


 I don't know where the days go.  I ask myself this at the end of every day.  Porter is such a happy, busy little boy, and we spend every waking moment chasing and playing with him.  June was an amazing month, so I thought I'd share a few of the highlights in pictures.



The hallway was finally finished!  It only took 1 year.  People, don't try this at home.  I wouldn't do it again.  Last June I decided that, in all my free time, I should do something fun to the house that wouldn't cost money.  So I found a great blog that included a tutorial on how to stencil your wall.  It provided a template, which I then proceeded to trace on our wall approximately 1,039,567 times.  After I traced it all (took until...October?), I started painting.  I gave myself a goal to be done by Thanksgiving.  Then Christmas.  Finally, I really had a deadline because I hosted a baby shower at my house.  So it's finished!




This boy got a mister to play with in the yard.  Jonathan and Porter went to Lowe's one day, and this is what they returned with.  Port LOVES it!  This is his first time to play in it.  It actually does spray off a wonderful, cool mist of water.

This may or may not be dirt on his mouth.



And FINALLY...sweet baby Hayes came home!  He had an airport homecoming to welcome him to his new home from Ethiopia.  Porter was pumped to get a little buddy.  And this boy is so sweet and HAPPY!  So many people have prayed for him to get here, and he's here!



Then, Jonathan and I went to church camp. Here we are, looking all tired, on luau night.  We had a great time, me being camp nurse, and him being a counselor, but we missed our sweet boy terribly.


Be jealous.  If you weren't at camp, you missed Jonathan in a morph suit.  This was the purple sports team's captains.  They went all out.  They didn't win all out though.



My lunch buddy one day.  I could eat his cheeks off I love them so much.



Here are the poor children.  That is, the poor children whose daddies went to Honduras and left them at home.  They don't look sad at all, do they?  haha!  This was the best pic I could get of our Chick-Fil-A dinner last night.  But all the daddies come home tomorrow, and we can't wait to see Jonathan!



No comments:

Post a Comment