Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a great weekend filled with friends and fun.  Friday started it off with a wonderful brunch for Porter.  Porter really worked his magic, smiling and snuggling with everyone there.  He even slept through the loudest group of women anyone could ever get together!
Delicious food, adorable table

Loving on his Aunt Kristy


Snoozing away


Hand-stitched quilt for Porter

After the brunch, Porter finally got to meet Sara!  He fell in love with her, and seriously smiled at her the whole time she was here.  Not just smiling, but head-bobbing, arm-waving, leg-kicking, almost-cooing happiness.  It was SO CUTE!  I'm worried he may be a flirt. We miss her already, but are looking forward to seeing her this summer, and then hopefully a trip to Dallas this fall!  Here are some pics from our time with her:



Other events from the weekend:
  1. Porter moved into his crib at night!  No more bassinet for this baby!  He did pretty good...up 3 times the first night, 2 the second, and 1 the third.  I guess that's not too bad!  We are still getting used to the transition, but so far, so good.
  2. Porter sported some shoes on Saturday, and I couldn't quit laughing at him.  I think he enjoyed me laughing at him too, because check out these pictures that I snapped!  (Prepare yourself...this will steal your heart.)
  3. Yes, he smiled for the camera.  That's pretty good for a 7-week old.
  4. Jonathan cleaned out the whole garage, and we can now park both cars in the garage!
  5. Porter and I went to Macy's and the first comment out of one lady's mouth about Porter was, "Look at that red hair!"  Umm....ok.  I said nothing.  I don't think that would be the first color I would think of when looking at his hair.
  6. Church twice on Sunday, and out to eat after church with the Mankins.  Porter and Noland had different ideas for us rather than eating though.  Going out to eat together will never be the same again. 
  7. Great Sunday afternoon naps on the porch, and a great walk with the whole fam (Porter in the jogging stroller with me pushing, and Jonathan being walked by the hound dog).
We love the weekends! But really, every day is the same for me right now.  Porter and I just like having Jonathan around.  Is it Friday yet? 

Lots of Love,
Beth

1 comment:

  1. I for sure think his hair looks red in those pics! Don't worry, gingers are my fav ;)

    ReplyDelete