Tuesday, July 12, 2011

5 Months Old!

Today Porter is 5 months old!  And again, I can't believe he is one month older.  Here are some of his tricks and trades this month:
- picking up EVERYTHING and putting it to his mouth
- rolling over all the time (only to the left side, and only from his back to his belly)
- learning to sit up...this just started.  He will sway side-to-side and fall forwards some, but he is learning!
- wearing size 3 diapers
- prefers standing to sitting
- "jumps" up and down when you stand him in your lap...he is STRONG and I think he is going to be a wild child
- listens and loves to touch and look at his books
- LOVES standing in his "stand & play" seat...this is his favorite new thing.  He will stand in the seat for a long time, talking and playing with all the gadgets
- Still only taking breast milk.  We are starting rice cereal very soon!   This should not be confused with Rice Chex cereal, which, at one point, Jonathan may or may not have thought this was what babies eat when they eat rice cereal.  :)
- has mastered laughing...this is the greatest sound on the planet!!!  I need to post a video soon for all to hear.  Sometimes he is bashful and holds back with others around, but at home he really lets that laugh all out.  Too cute!

My Sweet 5 Month Old



Hey Mom! Check me out!






Here he is in his favorite toy.  He smiles, laughs, and coos so much while sitting in here that I have to tuck the burp cloth in to catch the drool.




I think this face is hilarious!  I'm pretty sure he's saying, "Ahh!!!  Mom!!!  I'm sitting up!!!"

Happy Summer!  It's humid, hazy, and HOT here, as they like to say every morning on the weather.  Hope your week is going great!

Lots of Love,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment