Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Happenings of a Fuzzy-Headed Boy and a Lake Weekend

I honestly don't know where the time goes.  It is July.  Ridiculous.  I feel like I have abandoned this blog, but things have been busy.  Jonathan has the computer during the day, and when he gets home at night, we are either going somewhere or I just want to spend time all together, so therefore the blog doesn't get posted on.  Here are some of the things we have been up to here at the Smith house:

  1. Jonathan started a new job at Parthenon Plumbing (*insert plumber's crack joke here).  No, he is not a plumber, as some have thought.  I'm not quite sure exactly what he is doing, but he is loving it.  Something along the lines of running the residential plumbing projects.  And the boss sure is better than his last one!
  2. Jonathan went to church camp for a whole week, and left Porter, Hank, and me here to fend for ourselves.  I couldn't discuss this in my last blog post, because he was still gone.  I'm paranoid while he is gone, but we managed to survive.  I didn't even have to use any of the getaway strategies that I formed in my head for when someone tried to break in and get us all.
  3. Porter got his 4 month pictures made by the great Katie Mosley.  And they are CUTE.  REAL CUTE.  You can check out our sneak peek on Facebook.
  4. Porter's 4 month check-up at the doctor (even though he is almost 5 months old).  He was 55th% in everything: height, weight, and head circumference.  He did great with his shots and was done crying the second I picked him up and gave him a big hug.  I was so proud.  
  5. We went to the lake this past weekend for the 4th holiday.  The long weekend that we spend at the lake around the 4th is one of my favorite times of the year.  This year was no exception.  It consisted of a fireworks spectacular, a friends and family-filled house, enough food for the entire Tims Ford Lake region, a 10-man float, and a happy, happy little boy.  Here are a few pictures from our weekend:





Yes, he knows he is cute.  He thought he was so funny wearing his swimsuit on his head.


And here is a little movie trailer I made from the weekend.  I just discovered how to make these, and I have been cracking myself up.  This one isn't too great, but it's a start.










And finally, I unpacked the final box from the move TODAY!!!  We didn't really get everything put away in the right spots after we finished the big remodel, because it was 2 weeks from Porter's due date. So we just threw things everywhere.  It looked good, unless you started opening closets and looking around closely.  We still have a lot to do, but I cleaned out the hall closet and got it organized, and then unpacked the bonus room, which was full of boxes.  Organizing makes me feel so good and accomplished.  I love it.  Sick, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment