- The boy is so HAPPY. I love him so much I can't stand it.
- He talks CONSTANTLY. And his vocabulary never ceases to amaze me.
- He's pretend playing, and it's precious. He pretends to cook, give Hank treats, and play like he's in a boat.
- He has a great imagination, and my favorite thing he came up with recently was that pine needles were actually "tree hair". Yes, Port, it is.
- He is obsessed with cars, trucks, trains, planes, bulldozers, excavators, cranes, dump trucks, lawn mower trucks, etc. You get the picture. He's all boy.
- He would play outside with sticks, rocks, and balls all day long.
- He and Hankie Boy are BFF. He can pile pillows on top of Hank, chase him around the house, and Hank still loves him.
- He knows all his letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. He most recently learned to spell out loud his name, Griffin, Mom, Dad, and Hank. This shocked us! Mom and dad were easy, and he learned his and Griff's names because of monogrammed stuff in their room. Now he can spell them on his own without looking at anything. So funny! And shapes...he knows not just the basics, but also hexagon, octagon, diamond, etc.
- Favorite shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He will stop dead in his tracks if he sees these come on TV. I literally saw him sit down and leave his hand in the air and his mouth open for five minutes one day when Mickey came on.
- We just took him to his first movie, Planes. He adored it.
- He is sort of obsessive compulsive. He lines things up just perfectly (his cars), and he doesn't like to spill things. He has to do things the same way a lot.
- Starting to eat a little better, and his fav foods are fruit, desserts, black bean quesadillas, chips, and spaghetti with meatballs.
- Weighs 30 pounds, wears a size 9-9 1/2 shoe, and I haven't measured how tall he is lately.
- He's the greatest big brother ever. He will hug, kiss, and hold Griffin, and they adore each other. He talks to Griff so sweetly. It melts my heart. He loves to take baths with Griff too. I know this stuff will probably end one day soon, but it is the sweetest thing right now!
Although 2 1/2 is a BUSY stage, I am loving this age. I wish I could bottle up his creativity, sweetness, and child-like heart. He teaches me so much, and I don't want to forget how much I love this stage, even on days when I get overwhelmed.
No comments:
Post a Comment