Monday, October 7, 2013

Seagrove 2013

At the end of August, we took the boys to the beach (yes, this post is SO late).  This was the grand finale of my wonderful summer on maternity leave, and a nice relaxing time with my boys before heading back to work.  What started as just a week trip turned into 12 days for me, with my parents getting to come down at the end, and mom and I driving back together later.  We stayed in a little tin-roofed cottage in Seagrove that was tucked back in the woods, and it had its own pool (amazing when you have little ones who need to nap at random hours!).  We walked to the beach, swam in our pool, watched movies, walked to dinner and shopping in Seaside, and played with the boys.  It was so laid back, and so wonderful. I'm pretty sure it rained every day, and Jonathan had a cockroach crawl across his face at 1am one morning, but other than that, it was perfect :).  Here are some of my favorite pics:

The first day...he was in heaven.


Porter can't smile much bigger



Griffin trying out the pool...it was a little chilly, so he didn't like it too much.



Sweet



This kid loved every minute of the whole vacation.  Except for the time he fell out of bed...didn't love that one so much.



I'll take what pictures I can get.  Love these two.



Just call him Gilligan.



How Griffin spent much of our time on the beach...napping peacefully under the umbrella.  What a life.



Porter singing in his "microphone" at dinner.  His mouth never stops moving.



More playtime at the beach.



Fearless!



Happy happy



Bea Bea and Pops and the boys



Sorry Brian and Olivia (we did miss you!)




Getting in gear for some good pics



Everytime I look at this pic, I think Griff is saying, "Yelp."
haha...he looks like he doesn't want to be left in Port's lap for pictures.



Sweetest boys around



Just call Griff "cuddles"



Love these boys.  Griff is doing karate or something, and Porter is tired of pictures.





Candid



That grin and puppy dog eyes



Last day of swimming


I'm ready to go back!!!  It was the perfect way to end the summer.  We are so blessed with these healthy, happy boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment