We have a little routine in the morning (after breakfast but before it gets to be 120 degrees) where we go outside and swing. It starts with me putting my shoes on. Hank gets all excited because he knows what is about to take place, and he stares me in the eyes while wagging his tail as fast as possible. (Actually, he is really hopefully wishing I would take him for a run. This doesn't happen much for Hank anymore because I can not manipulate a big jogging stroller and a curious hound dog who is stronger than I am.) Then we get Porter, and out we go. Hank is so excited that we are in the yard with him, that he runs as fast as he possibly can in laps around the yard, pausing to chase his tail periodically. Porter thinks this is hilarious, moving his little head back and forth to keep an eye on Hanker. Then we swing while Hank is laid out in the grass panting or chewing on sticks.
We love to swing!!! Happy Monday to you all!
Lots of Love,
Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment