Porter caught my sickness just in time to cancel our family trip to Gatlinburg for the weekend. He woke up in the night Thursday with a sore throat and was pitiful, which landed him in our bed so he could drink water and snuggle. He would do nothing but scream in his bed. He never sleeps with us. I mean, NEVER. And so it begins. Well Friday night came, and he was so pitiful from fever, sore throat, and snot, that he ended up there again. And Saturday night. And Sunday night. And you know what I'm doing now? Sitting up waiting for him to quit crying in his own bed so I can go back to bed. He's almost finished. But I'm sure he'll wake up in about 1 hour and cry to come back to our bed. This is how it happens I think. One minute, you have the perfect sleeper. The next minute, you've created a monster who sleeps diagonally across the bed, kicks, snores from snot, and somehow manages for all 25 pounds of him to take over your entire king size bed. It was so bad last night that I actually started laughing out loud in the night, and almost got out my phone so I could video the absurdity of it. Jonathan said he woke up at one point to Porter sitting up and playing with his hair (Jonathan's hair, not Porter's). Despite the sleepless nights this weekend, we've enjoyed cuddling with our little snots. Who wouldn't love this boy, snot and all?

We're so thankful for our little booger, and we've held him extra tight this weekend and kissed those sweet cheeks despite all the snot and slobber. We mourn with those who couldn't do that after Friday's tragedy in Connecticut, and pray without ceasing for those families.
Lots of Love,
Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment