Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Cheer

Christmas gets about 1000 times more exciting with a child, I'm pretty sure.  Jonathan and I were so excited about Christmas this year...I mean to the point where we were losing sleep over it...ha ha!  We had a wonderful holiday, and Porter thoroughly enjoyed himself.  By the time Christmas night rolled around, he was a little exhausted, and I'm sure wondered why presents were being forced at him all day, but he loved it all.  


First things first, this was Christmas card 2012.  After Port's bath one night, I thought we should take his picture in front of the tree, since he looked all handsome in his Santa PJ's.  Ended up being my favorite picture of the holiday season.  Hank will do anything for a treat!


Playing outside one cold day


All ready for Christmas!


Christmas Eve with his Uncle Brian


Cuddling on Christmas Eve


Leaving brownies out for Santa on Christmas Eve...he stole a couple of bites.


Christmas Morning!!!!!  This little Melissa and Doug house is amazing and he loves it.  It has 4 doors, each with a person behind the door, complete with doorbells and lock/key.



Santa brought Port's 1st basketball goal!  


Hank got a new toy duck.  He was completely embarrassed in this picture.  If he could talk, I think he'd say, "I'm too old for this Santa business, but I'll play along for my little brother."


Port's favorite present...a vacuum.  Go figure.  Look at that face.  Pure Joy.  And he's pant less because he soaked his diaper and pants the night before.  Whoops.


Family shot!  Everyone is looking and Hank is positioned perfectly with his bone.  Miraculous since it was a self-timer picture.

Port's new wagon from the Grans.

And a sled!!!


And a learning barn!


And his new 4-wheeler from Bea Bea and Pops.


Play-doh!!!  He was content playing with this for a LONG time.


He had to try on his new Carhartt dungarees (thanks, Pops) on Christmas night. And in typical boy fashion, decided to scratch.


Happy New Year, and Happy Birthday Hank!!!  Hank's 7th birthday was January 1st, so we had a little celebration.  They looked like they were having a blast, don't they?


Making brownies with daddy.  The boy loves to cook.

As you can tell, the boy gets no love.  It's just pitiful, really.  Now, it's hard to believe Christmas is all over!  We got all of our decorations put away, and I've officially reached the nesting stage of the pregnancy. I've cleaned out 3 closets and combined our office and guest bedroom, so we now have an empty bedroom for baby boy #2 (yes, he is still nameless...much to our family's dismay).  I have a feeling that time is going to fly by between now and April, when he's scheduled to make his arrival.  In the mean time, we are going to Disney World (2 weeks and 4 days...who's counting?!), throwing Porter's 2nd birthday party, and moving Porter into a big boy bed to make room for baby!  We hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and Happy 2013!!!

Lots of Love,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment