Our sweet Griffin finally arrived on May 1, 2013, and he is perfect. We are so in love. I don't even know where to start, because it has been such an amazing 2 weeks since his arrival. I forgot how little they are, and how sweet the snuggles are, even at 2am. And I forgot how good they smell, and the little noises they make. We are loving every second of his sweet snuggles. Porter is a fantastic big brother, too. Just over age 2, I wasn't expecting him to say things like, "I love baby Griffin!" as he kisses his head. It is precious. I think they will be best buds. So here is Griff's little story, in pictures...
Just hanging out after my epidural got placed. Thank goodness for epidurals, that's all I have to say. I really thought Griffin would arrive on April 30th instead of May 1st. He started really gearing things up to go about 2 am, but then decided not to make his appearance until 1 am the next morning. Long day. But we were only at the hospital for 6 hours before he was born, so I can't complain there.
Our first picture with sweet Griffin. We look TIRED. I only got to hold him for 2 minutes, and then they took him to the transition nursery to watch him closely. He was having a little respiratory trouble and they thought may have aspirated some meconium. However that didn't last long. He is a tough little cookie and got to come right back to me because he was breathing so good!
Getting checked out in the nursery.
Hey, world. My mom and dad still haven't named me at this point.
Back with mommy and daddy. We decided to name him at this point. We liked the name Griffin from the beginning, but I was the one with cold feet. Griffin sounded like a baby with dark hair to me. I don't know why, but that's what was in my mind. So when he was born and had dark hair, I knew he was a Griffin for sure. I don't know if he'll keep that dark hair, but he definitely looks like a Griffin. Lee was my Papa's middle name. While he never got to meet Porter or Griffin, I know he would love them so much. He's smiling down on them.
GranBren and Granddaddy
Snuggling...it's his favorite thing to do
Loves his daddy
Porter's first glimpse at his baby brother!
Our first picture as a family of FOUR! You may think, "WOW! Porter is so happy to take a picture with his family!" Don't be fooled...he was bribed with a brownie. I was willing to do whatever it took to get one good picture. :)
Yes, this is precious. And yes, a brownie was used as a bribe.
With my family...this time, both Port AND Uncle Brian had to be bribed with brownies.
Pure Sweetness
Passing his hearing screening. He looks identical to Porter getting his newborn hearing screen. One day I will post all their similar pictures, because it is frightening. They have their differences, but most of the time they look a lot alike too.
Going home!!! Thanks, mom, for the adorable door hanger!
Finally at home with our little love.
Look at those little feet!
Porter got up from his nap to discover that Griffin had moved in. He is looking down at Griff in his crib here. He loves him.
Loving on my boys.
First brothers picture, of many I'm sure. Griffin's face cracks me up here.
Meeting Nan and Dada
Cuddling with their wonderful daddy.
That pretty much sums up our first few days with Griffin. I have tons more pictures to post soon. Who knows if that'll happen any time soon. I call it a good day when Porter and I both brush our teeth...so posting to the blog may not happen much. Now, off to snuggle with the sweet little love some more. And feed him. The little guy is a eating/pooping machine. :)
Lots of Love,
Beth



No comments:
Post a Comment